- Generate new Ether Wallets
- Send Ether from one account to another
- Participate in the DAO creation
- Send DAO (and Digix) Tokens
- Vote on DAO Proposals
It also comes in a Chrome Extension that allows you to save your wallets in your browser for easier access.
For an in-depth How-To and FAQ's, please refer to the Help Page.
- MyEtherWallet is not a "web wallet" and does not receive, save, store, or transmit your private keys or sensitive information at anytime. The only data that is transmitted are balances and signed transactions.
- You must back up your Keystore file / private key + password in order to access your wallet.
- You can think of MyEtherWallet, like Mist, as a way to access your account, sort of like going to gmail.com vs Apple Mail. In fact, you can use both to access the same account at any time.
- MyEtherWallet uses window.crypto to generate truly random and secure private keys. The password encrypts your private key–it does not act as a seed for your private key.
- When you generate a wallet, you can download your Keystore file and import it into Mist / Ethereum Wallet at any time. (refer to Help Page #10).
- You can run MyEtherWallet completely offline & locally by downloading the repo. You can also use the Offline Transaction tab to ensure your private keys never touch an online device.(refer to Help Page #5 & #8)
- It was started by kvhnuke and tayvano in August of 2015 because tayvano doesn't like command line. They didn't know it would become so popular. They are also the ones who answer all emails.
- It has no servers beyond a single geth node, which also means no tracking and no data like analytics or page-views.
- MyEtherWallet is a free open-source service that generates no revenue and has no plans on generating revenue, beyond donations.
Will I be able to vote on proposals?
Yes, starting on May 28th, when the creation period ends, The DAO tab will be replaces with an interface to send DAO Tokens and vote on proposals
Why did my transaction not go through?
You most likely ran out of gas. Please use The DAO Tab, or manually increase the gas to 85000 via the "Advanced" button under Send Transaction.
Will I be able to Split the DAO via MyEtherWallet?
Not at this time. However, in the future MyEtherWallet will have a way to interact with any contract via a provided JSON Interface (like Mist).
I don't think my balance is right....
http://etherscan.io/ is a lovely blockchain explorer that will show all your ETH and Token balances, as well as any errors in your transactions. First step is to check you address there.
You didn't answer my question!
- Download ZIP & run locally from https://github.com/kvhnuke/etherwallet/tree/gh-pages